Thursday, August 16, 2018

Brandy Davis

On today's blog I would like to introduce to you Brandy Davis.

Q: Tell us a bit about yourself and your background, where you are from etc.
My name is Brandy Davis. I was born in Coburg, Germany and raised in Bamberg, Germany. My parents met in Germany when my Dad was stationed in Schweinfurt in the beginning of his Army career. My Mom and Dad are literally my best friends. I don't know what I would do without them. I have two rabbits, Dahlia and Blitz, who are my whole world. I enjoy spending time with my family, being outside or going out with friends. I always make sure to bring my camera.

Q: What camera do you shoot with? 
I have a Nikon Coolpix L830 that I take photos with.

Q: What is your “go to” lens?
I don't have a go-to lens at the moment. My current camera has an attached lens - 34X Wide Optical Zoom ED VR 4.0-136mm 1:3 - 5.9. When I am able to, I would like to get another camera to learn on.

Q: How and why did you get into photography?
I'm not exactly sure how I got into photography. I used to take photos with an old flip phone camera in my teen years and the quality was just awful. Super pix-elated! I was assigned a photography class for one semester in my junior year of high school. Looking back now I wish I would have requested a second semester so I would have been able to learn more.

Q: What places, states or countries have you gone shooting?
Majority of my photos I take/have taken have been in Clarksville, TN and surrounding areas, as well as small towns in Kentucky. When I have the chance I'd really like to travel to different states to take photos. I'd really love to go to Washington (State) for photos. When my parents and I lived there, I didn't have a camera to get good quality photos.

Q: How often do you shoot and what is your favorite genre?
Having anxiety prevents me from going out by myself, normally I'll try to see if a friend wants to go downtown with me. There's times I succeed at fighting it and am able to keep my focus on capturing photos instead of worrying about my surroundings. If I'm at home or at my boyfriend's, I take photos of what is around me, including animals and nature. Which works out for me because wildlife and nature is my favorite genre. I also really enjoy taking photos of abandoned buildings

Q: What is your favorite photo that you have taken and why? Please explain how you took it, was it all planned, if so, what was your planning process?
My favorite photos I've captured so far is of a squirrel, taken at Centennial Park in Nashville, TN. It wasn't planned, I had to zoom in and focus.It's like it was perfect timing. It's like the squirrel posed for me to get the best capture of him.

Q: What was the hardest thing you've learned in photography?
The hardest thing I've learned is something I'm still figuring out, which is trying to get my camera to capture moving subjects.

Q: What do you hope to still learn/improve?
I hope to improve portrait captures.

Q: What challenges you the most in photography?
The biggest challenge right now is bird captures. They just never stop moving!

Q: What's one piece of advice you would give to someone starting out or early in their photography journey?
My advice for a new photographer would be to get a camera they are comfortable with. Don't impulse buy! Study one that you are interested in so you know how to work it. Or you can do it like I did, I'm still learning as I go haha!

Q: Can you please share some of your favorite photos – say 3 max. and why you like them.

The FountainThe fountain photo I like because it just turned out looking really good. The quality is amazing. And it captures one of my favorite things to visit when I'm downtown in Clarksville.


The Window To The WorldI like because my camera isn't the best at night captures and I was amazed that it turned out the way it did.


The SquirrelI was so happy that I was able to get that pose perfectly captured





Feel free to contact Brandy Davis on social media:









2 comments:

  1. Great pictures and opportunity for a career. God luck, Grand daughter. Love

    ReplyDelete

Austin Schrock

I would like to introduce to you Austin Schrock, one amazing and unique photographer, cinematographer and youtuber.  Q: Tell us a bit ab...